Online Dental Education Library
This online library is intended to provide you with general concepts in Dental education. Since this is prepared by outside sources the information may not represent the actual procedures that we perform in our office and it may not represent our actual opinions on the information. Our dental team is well versed on our own opinions and procedures and we are dedicated to clarify any of this information for you. Keeping this in mind, please use this dental library as a guide to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").