Embracing The Newest Technology
As you know , technology changes very rapidly in today's world. We have committed ourselves to investment and training in these changes so that you will benefit with more efficient visits, greater comfort and better health. You can read more on this page about specific services.
TECHNOLOGY WE USE TODAY :
- Digital Imaging (X-Rays) - Computer generated images of your head and teeth allow immediate viewing on the screen and use less exposure time to obtain. This advantage saves everyone time and is healthier for you. These images can look like a traditional x-ray or can be presented in a 3-D full model format.
- Computer generated crowns(CEREC) - Single visit crowns can be fabricated without the use of impressions. The advantage here is efficiency and patient comfort.
- Computer Generated Braces (Invisalign) - Clear braces for all ages can be offered as an alternative to conventional braces in many cases. The advantage is greater social confidence during treatment.
- In The Mouth Digital Cameras - Pictures before , during or after a procedure allow you to see what we see. If you show an interest in this, they say it is worth a thousand words.
- Digital Cavity Finder - This is a tool that supplements our diagnostic capability when determining the presense of an early cavity. Early detection helps keep them small.
- Digital Pulp Testing - This helps us determine the health status of the nerve inside your tooth.
- Laser Use - Some soft tissue therapies are done better with a laser than a cutting instrument. The advantage here is that your discomfort is far reduced during and after the procedure. Healing time is generally shorter. Therapies include treament for cold sores and canker sores.
- Bleaching In House - The ZOOM light technique has been well publicized over the years. This allows for a more accelerated result in less time. If compliance with trays or strips has been frustrating for you then you will find this a real time saver.
- Blood, Periodontal Microbe, and Saliva Testing - There are risk factors for periodontal disease and cavity formation that can be tested. Knowing in advance that you may be more prone to these risks is valuable information for diagnosis and treatment.
- Materials Biocompatability Studies - If you are at risk for sensitivity to the materials we may use then this blood study helps us select material that would likely be more suited to your particular bio system.
Technology is a wonderful adjunct to our services. However, we remember that our diagnostic skills and years of experience are what truly allow us to perform for you at a high level of expertise. What we do with our hands and our minds is our foundation.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE TODAY
- Crowns and Bridges
- Specialty Dentures
- TMJ Headache
- Periodontal Risk Assessment
- Caries Risk Assessment
- Root Canal Therapy
- Laser therapy
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Invisalign Orthodontics
- Materials Biocompatability
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Dental Emergencies
- Referral Network
Crowns and Bridges
Crowns are used when teeth are weak from cracks or large fillings. Since fillings don't strengthen teeth and cracks don't go away they need to be covered for better strength and long term function. Crowns that surround a missing tooth are joined together to become a bridge. Traditionally this could take a few visits. Today this can often be done in one appointment. When indicated for your situation our office utilizes the onsite crown fabrication technology called CEREC porcelain crowns. This technique can also be used for superior looking and stronger everyday fillings.